Understanding how best to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in order to help them achieve the best possible outcomes can be a complicated and bewildering process.
Bridget, our SEN Supporter has first-hand knowledge of navigating through the SEN processes, and is comprehensively trained in all aspects of SEN law.
Do you need help with:
- a one-off guidance session on making application for Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment
- a comprehensive interview and completion of EHC needs assessment application
- interpretation of professional
- preparation for Annual Review of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- checking of proposed EHCP
Not all children/young people with ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and related conditions will require additional support in education, and many are able to make good progress without it.
However, we understand that there are still many who do require additional support, and that identifying an individual’s needs and getting the right kind of support can sometimes be a frustrating and arduous journey.
Bridget, will work with you to guide you along that journey, making sure you have all the information you need to understand the lawful processes, empowering you to advocate for your child or young person in the best possible way and providing a bespoke service tailored to meet your needs. We can also support young people aged 16+, who now have the right in law to make their own decisions and requests with regard to supporting their SEN.
Do you need help with any of the following:
- Understanding what constitutes ‘Special Educational Need’
- Understanding the term ‘SEN Support’ as it applies to educational settings, and what the duties are on a school to support individuals with SEN
- Ensuring that your views, wishes and feelings, and those of your child or young person, are taken into account and that you are able to participate in any decision-making as fully as possible
- Interpreting professionals’ reports – understanding the terminology and exactly what is being said about an individual and any recommendations being made
- How to use evidence, including professionals’ reports, to best advantage
- Whether or not to request an EHC needs assessment
- Information on how to request an EHC needs assessment (statutory assessment), or bespoke support in putting a request together
- Understanding all the processes involved in an EHC needs assessment, including an individual’s rights in law
- Ensuring that an EHC needs assessment is properly carried out and that the law is adhered to
- Preparing for an EHCP planning meeting – understanding how an EHCP is put together and the significance of each of the different sections
- Understanding how targets are written into an EHCP as Outcomes, and how to ensure your involvement in the process of writing them
- Checking through draft EHCP documents and ensuring that they contain all relevant and appropriate information; that needs are appropriately identified and provision correctly written
For more information about Side by Side Specialist Coaching and Training contact:
Coaching SEN Support +44 (0)7956 023636
Training +44 (0)7850 264265
Or Contact Us here.