Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) is now recognised as part of the autism spectrum by the National Autistic Society. PDA is characterised by much higher levels of anxiety and the compulsive need to avoid everyday demands. The strategies and approach needed for PDA are quite different from those of Autism and appropriate educational and handling interventions are essential to support young individuals achieve a better outcome.
Side by Side PDA Training aims to improve the understanding of PDA of parents, teachers or other professionals living or working with children or young people who either have a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis of PDA. We offer simple but effective strategies to enable happier outcomes for everyone.
PDA Training for Parents and Professionals
30th November 2018 - Central London
10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Cost £95.00 per person
PDA training is written and delivered by Karen Whichello, an experienced trainer and mother of a teenager with PDA. She formerly worked in a specialist autism school supporting children in the classroom with PDA and other behaviour difficulties.
The training is delivered in a full day course and covers the following key areas:
• Understanding PDA and the diagnostic criteria
• How PDA differs from other Autism Spectrum Conditions
• How emotional intelligence can be taught to reduce anxiety
• Effective communication enabling co-operation and overcoming behaviour difficulties
• Strategies to improve learning outcomes both at home and at school
Fees include the workshop, lunch and all refreshments. You will also have the opportunity to meet like-minded people to share ideas.
We are also able to offer either in-house training or INSET day training across the UK please contact Karen Whichello on 07850 264265 for more information.
For more information on the coaching services that we offer click here.
Individual Mentoring and supervision for professionals
Online specialist mentoring and supervision for professionals working with children or adults with Autism, ADHD or PDA can be offered via Skype or phone.
Professionals would include:
• School staff, e.g. teachers, teaching assistants, Inco’s
• Specialist therapists e.g. Speech and Language therapists, Occupational therapists, Educational Psychologists and Counsellors
• Any professional working or supporting a child or individual with these conditions
Please Contact Us with details of your requirements.
For more information about Side by Side Specialist Coaching and Training click here for the Contact Us page or send an email to email@example.com