PDA training for parents and professionals
Side by Side PDA Training aims to improve the understanding of PDA and give anyone living or working with children and young people with PDA simple but effective strategies to help improve their lives. Whether this is in the classroom, the home or for professionals working with children and young people with either a diagnosis or suspected PDA. We aim to help make their lives better to enable happier outcomes for everyone. PDA training is written and delivered by Karen Whichello, an experienced trainer and mother of a teenager with PDA. Fees include the workshop, lunch and all refreshments. You will also meet like-minded people and can share ideas with them.
The training is delivered in a full day course and covers the following key areas:
• Understanding PDA and the diagnostic criteria
• How PDA differs from other Autism Spectrum Conditions
• How emotional intelligence can be taught to reduce anxiety
• Effective communication with children and young people with PDA
• Strategies to improve the learning outcomes of children or young persons with PDA both at home and school
For course dates and further information Click here.
Individual Mentoring and supervision for professionals
Online specialist mentoring and supervision for professionals working with children or adults with Autism, ADHD or PDA can be offered via Skype or phone.
Professionals would include:
• School staff, e.g. teachers, teaching assistants, Senco's, Inco’s
• Specialist therapists e.g. Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Educational Psychologists and Counsellors
• Any professional working or supporting a child or individual with these conditions
Please Contact Us with details of your requirements.